View Single Post
Old 18-12-2016, 06:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
It reminds me of the time I got sucked in by the Lion of Zion - Haile Selassie and I spent a good year of my life studying the Hebrew Hexateuch (the first six books of the Bible), smoking heaps of ganga and listening to Bob Marley...ah the 'good old days of my rastafarian bent'.

In the end, I couldn't become a Christian because the rest of the Bible just didn't exist - everything that was important happened in the first 6 chapters of it and it seemed like everything else was added as an 'afterthought'.

Speaking of which, herb is good....I should really get my head out of my backside and just go and do it - makes me more 'bearable' and even 'likable'.

Eh no religion fully fits me.

I like the Old Testament as a historical and anthropological resource, especially the oldest versions. It's a window into the lives and minds of the Middle Eastern people. I'm really not sure how I feel about past lives, or if I remember one, but I do feel a strong connection to the Dead Sea region. I like the New Testament for Jesus: the Original Hippie.

And you really don't seem like the "stoner" type haha. But I can definitely sympathize; I was semi-pressured into smoking when I was 18 as a last-ditch effort to help my anxiety/anger issues, and I'm glad I finally dismissed the disinformation and tried it. My parents treat Mary Jane as my psychiatric medication.

Apparently it makes me "nicer" and "less intense".

BUT while I believe psychoactive plants definitely have a purpose, I also think they should be used in moderation. Which I may or may not have a problem with. Even coffee should probably be used a little more sparingly, and tobacco in moderation could have medicinal benefits if grown organically; both can be used to treat atropine poisoning and certain decongestant overdoses. But almost any natural or synthetic substance can lead to tolerance or dependence if overused.

So why exactly did you stop smoking completely, if I may ask?
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.