View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I'm far from a biblical scholar but wouldn't that have meant that if he's son of man (a God), and obviously he was a man and not a god (to them) so they jeered and scoffed at him because (heh) He was just like them, he ate and drank to stay alive and was common, being a 'friend of publicans and sinners..."(?) not necessarily that he was a drunkard?
Yes that's one way of looking at it and probably most would prefer to see it that way for the reason that they have put Jesus on a pedestal, but also it does say that he was seen as a gluttonous which must mean that he really over did it, also they say that .he was a winebibber which means a person given to drinking much or too much wine, so really the verse is saying more or less, he loved he's drink ?. But I do have to add that I love hearing stories about Jesus when he is made to be like the guy down the road, it sounds more like a real story and not a fairy tale lol.