View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneblossom
My understanding of being a Christian is that you'd need to be baptised into the Christian faith. But I get your analogy about not needing to attend a church/association.

I take it that actively trying to live your life according to the 7 principles would mean you a Spiritualist too? Please correct me if I'm way off with this.

About Christian baptism: that's debatable. Some Christians regard baptism as absolutely necessary. Others regard it as something you SHOULD do.

Yes, I would say that someone who tries to live his life according to Spiritualism's Seven Principles IS a Spiritualist.

Trying to live your life according to some creed or principle logically indicates, to me at least, that you sincerely believe IN that creed or principle. And if you SINCERELY believe in something, you will try to live in accordance with it.

I DON'T think that you have to personally contact the spirit world, or be present when such is done, in order to qualify as a Spiritualist.

Although why a Spiritualist wouldn't attempt to do so at some point is beyond me.

Jim