View Single Post
Old 21-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Smart posting.

When someone uses terms as the ones I quoted, I can't not think about their relativity to their user's bias. From this vantage point I doubt that they're meaningful in the bigger scheme of things. They result from our tendency of anthropomorphisation of the larger multi/uni-verse, and wishful thinking.

Ah, relativism, that cultural buzzword of this primarily godless age of “post-truth,” where one man’s expressed, subjective take on a speculative topic of a hyperphysical nature can be another man’s perceived bias ... and rightfully so.

The spirit of this post of mine a simple, casual reply as I too do not care for arguments, especially over something as potentially fantastical as this topic of discussion.

Obviously, in the sharing of our thoughts here, each of us are only offering theories or subjective truths. Hence, we are all to some degree biased in our perspectives.

The terms another poster highlighted which are deemed as not meaningful to the concept of a matrix is true maybe to him but it’s not to me.

In response to this above-highlighted quote, and simply to expand on my own position and thus directed at no one in particular...

The way I perceive it, ethics and morality, and an appreciation of these as invaluable factors to conscious existence, be that in human or above-human form, is what makes us sentient, non-artificial creatures divine, thus making the antithesis of an anthropomorphic worldview.

If anything, one who strives in self-improvement to become more ethical and moral (i.e. more loving) might be thought of to be theocratic or God-centric, or whatever term one, in faith, wishes to refer to the infinite realm beyond the – mechanical?, inhuman(e)? – matrix.

The idea that ethics and morality are unimportant or meaningless in the grand scheme of things is a falsehood, in my opinion, and one I fully recognize to be not an absolute one.

Incidentally, my intensive biblical schooling at an early age has never left me, and although I have intellectually distanced myself from much of it, whenever ultramundane topics of this labyrinthine complexity or pseudo-simplicity are discussed, my mind cannot help but recall certain passages recorded in scripture (Colossians 2:8; 1 Timothy 4:1; Revelation 2:24), whether there is any merit to them or not. A large part of me suspects not, yet I would certainly never give in to such hubris to ever discount entirely the possibility of it being so, as one who, in the end, prefers truth and recantation (if need be) to wishful thinking.

I shall leave it at that. (I contemplated as to whether this here post was even necessary to add, but there you have it.)