View Single Post
Old 21-07-2019, 12:31 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The mind/brain has the ability to and does hallucinate and if we have a Soul then there is communication or a sharing of perceptions in whatever manner that happens to be. What use would a Soul have for hallucinations when the mind creates your reality by processing and re-processing input? Did you know that you're consciousness exists 200ms in the past and that you're not actually capable of conscious thought? You have thoughts then 200ms later you are conscious of them. What you do with that is not up to your Spirituality but to the 'committee' that comprises of your subconscious mind - and your ego. Oh, and the lizard brain that's been keeping you from being eaten since your ancestors came out of the trees.

I have actually seen some research that pushed that back as far as 7 seconds. I think the timing has a lot to do with the urgency of the decision being made. I suppose whether we are or are not capable of conscious thoughts depends on how one defines “ME”. If I look at me as the overall mind, that which is, and is greater than, the sum of those parts, then “I” become aware of my thoughts after “I” create them. Consciousness can and is sometimes talked about as a doing, rather than a being.

Quote:
So matter is hallucination??? If you'd liketo test your theory by jumping off a high place I'd be interested in the results, because you and I both know that it's going to have a messy conclusion. If you're going down the road of sci-fi and say that if you die in the Matrix you die in real Life - which is a common theme - you should be able to work out what's going on from there. Your mind creates your reality, not your consciousness and when you're hurtling earthwards, no matter what your consciousness is if your mind believes it's going to hit the floor with a sickening thud, that's the reality.

Not necessarily. Modern physical theory and recent experiments suggest that two different observers can have two opposing views of reality and neither is wrong.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...ctive-reality/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Efa0mQuNQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cj6oiFDEXc

Quote:
Who creates the hallucination, and if you know that it's an hallucination what are you doing here? Because if you are here, you have chosen the hallucination as your reality the same as everyone else. Can you learn from an hallucination? If your whole brain/mind/consciousness construct is built on an hallucination, does your consciousness then have any validity? How do you know the hallucination isn't an hallucination that you've created? Because by the time you become conscious of it the reality that it's an hallucination it has already been created by your subconscious mind and taken as reality by your conscious mind.

I create the hallucination, though I may not be creating all the data. I am in the hallucination because it is the only place I can exist, which makes it hard to experience things if I don’t, which is why we chose to create and experience it. My consciousness is the only thing that has validity within my hallucination, but then since everything here is my consciousness, so does everything else. My brain and ego are constructed within to give me a first person point of view, which you might say makes the experience a lot more person-al. All hallucinations that I experience are hallucinations that I have created, however, I may be (probably am) getting input from beyond my consciousness to do so. For example, I am getting data and input from you on this forum, though “you” are really just a hallucination within my mind that I am assuming is “not me”. But in a sense that I cannot escape, you “are me” because I must create you first within my conscounsess before I can interact with you on this forum. And thanks to your picture, I have created you to look rather funny. I can create you within my subconscious mind, and then interact with you with my conscience mind, which is nice, otherwise I would feel like I am talking to myself…… which I sort of am ya know.

Quote:
So here's the one question that will answer everything for you. "What are you conscious of?"

Well, that is a question not yet completely answered, IMO. But for one big thing, you are conscious of this, and it would seem that your consciousness is quite the mathematician.
https://futurism.com/this-is-the-clo...f-the-universe

But of course, this is not really the theory of "everything". Even if complete it would only answer the "how" of physical reality. It cannot even touch the real question that we all want to know. "Why?" Or as this thread started out, "What is life about?" That, perhaps, I certainly hope so anyway, cannot be captured in a physics equation, no matter how complex. How our reality is created is, I think, fascinating, but less important then what we do with it. Is is not the stage, the theater, or the dancers that are most important to the ballet, it is the dance. That cannot be conveyed in an equation, it must be experienced.