View Single Post
Old 20-04-2017, 11:34 PM
Experiencer

I am still figuring things out. :)

But I do recall moments when I've set my mind to something I've wanted, that it would come about.

In school I remember not having the greatest start in physics. And with my best friend at the time sitting behind as witness, I remembered feeling pretty upset about a grade and saying "I'm going to bust this class!". And I did. Not to say I didn't put my elbow grease into it - I found that the teacher taught the same class/material during my study hall, so I went to that class twice a day for a while. But I ended up the top grade in that class for the rest of the year.

Later, as I got older and had a family, I really wanted to be more available for my kids. At the time I would leave for work before they woke up, and I hated that I couldn't help them get ready for school, do my daughter's hair, and send them off with "have a great day!". That wish was a point of focus for me. And eventually, things in my office transitioned to allow more telecommuting, which I will always be grateful for. :)