View Single Post
Old 18-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Master
I image-in that Paul Simon's lyric, "Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest," which I think could well be rephrased as "Still a man thinks and feels what he wants to think and feel and ignores the rest," which in turn could also be rephrased as "Still a man thinks what his conditioning inclines him to think and ignores the rest," applies to all of us to some degree or other.

Which raises the question of whether or not one can change one's conditioning or inclinations in said regard, that is, assuming one 'wanted' :smile" to.

My 'sense' is that AI (Artificial Intelligence) programs which are programmed ('conditioned') lo learn -- that is to change (add to?) their own programming in ways which improve the effectiveness of their performance in relation to their 'prime' ('original programmer 'given') objective(s) -- can and so do do so.

In my view, there is no 'reason' which HI (Human Intelligence :smile) can't also function likewise.

To that 'end' - assuming any reader of this wishes (wants? ) to proceed in pursuit of said kind(s) of objective(s), I recommend self-programming affirmations (or mantras) like:

"Wherever I am, whatever comes my way, the very best is what I'll know, think, feel, do and say."

and

"I 'pray' (i.e. wish/want/believe) that my mind and heart will be(come) open to whatever it is that I am (presently) not appropriately seeing, feeling, appreciating, understanding, etc. which has the potential to lead me to bettering of the quality of my and others' Life experience and expression."

... or thoughts and wishes/beliefs to that effect.

Of course, if one thinks and feels that what one already (i.e. presently) thinks and feels (wants, etc.) is the very best one could, then the ideas/prayers/seekings/choices for improvement (i.e. change) would make no 'sense'. In that case completely affirming the thoughts and wishes that one presently has will make the most 'sense' and so be 'the way' one smugly continues to go - albeit 'outsiders' may see one as just going around in the same ol', same ol' 'fool'ish circle in that case.