View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Seeker
Greetings all,

I’m a little surprised to find a whopping ZERO threads that contain the term “animism”. Even searching for “animism” in message bodies turns up a scant list of fairly tangential references.

So, in the spirit of completeness, are there any self-prescribed animists out there that would like to share their beliefs or experiences?

I agree with your sentiments regarding the deficit of animistic posts here. Animism is beautiful, and the most primeval "religion," on earth. I use the word "re-ligion" loosely, to mean its etymological essence "re-ligere," meaning to re-link you back with Spirit: the Animus/Anima/Psyche of things and of the earth.

I'm an animist by culture. In Southeast Asia, the ancient/indigenous animism there never went anywhere. It co-exists along side Brahmanism and Buddhism. I also got initiated into an African animistic "religion" recently.

Animism, its essential fundaments/components and principles are universal. It doesn't matter what culture or race, the fundaments are universal. It's so old, it predates our own species. There are indications that Homo Neanderthalis were animists. I recently wrote a 300 page zine entire about Animism and its shamanic, magical, and sorcerous practices.