View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Master
Seems I forgot to say a word or two about the aversion to claiming one's divinity. To make such a bold statement of "I am God" seems to have a stigma concerning the person who said it. The person could be thought of as egotistic and/or mentally unbalanced so lock up the person in an institution while his/her mentality is brought to what society calls normal. That fear alone could be enough not to consider the divine from which we came.

Another fear could be based on being socially acceptable with family and friends in order not to be ostracised from any group. If one says "I am God" to a group of friends, they might think,"Who is this weirdo I'm hanging with? Not going to keep this person as a friend because s/he doesn't think the same way I do." Another reaction might be, "This has got to be joke, right?"

I think fear of making a bold claim like that is deep rooted in society so not much is discussed about claiming one's divinity, if it's discussed at all, while in this life. A huge maybe of claiming it in the afterlife?

An interesting topic for sure which may be a modern taboo due to societal conditioning.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)