View Single Post
Old 15-02-2019, 01:37 AM
Lepus

Hello

We can avoid products that causes deforestation, culling of animals, pollution, CO2 emissions, anything harmful to the environment. But human overpopulation is the cause of environmental issues, such as environmental pollution, habitat loss, animal extinction, intensive farming practices and the consumption of finite natural resources, like fresh water, arable land and fossil fuels. Poor countries with mass birthrates tend to induce pollution, deforestation, and animal poaching. Lets not forget the ongoing demand of ivory, palm oil, and soy, produced in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Bolivia, and Paraguay, which is causing elephants and rhinoceros to decline and forests turning into barren lands. Also poor nations are on the receving end of toxic e-waste. And how long until the poor countries start developing infrastructures?

I'd like to see few roads, buildings, and city lights on Earth and instead see more biodiversity. There are a few places that didn't succumb to infrastructure. But how long will that last? I've heard that the Amazon rainforest is in danger of deforestation. And it's the biggest forest in the world. It would be foolish to destroy what it is called the lungs of the Earth to simply build roads.

Anyway, I haven't seen any updates on the polar bears. I'll keep an eye on it until new updates show up. But it looks like the people are not aiming to kill any of the bears.

Thank you all for sharing!

Lepus