View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
...when any brave person stands up and tries to expose these people, they end up dead... Even the media is owned by these powerful people who, as you say, spoon feed what they want us to hear...
Hi Redchic, your questions interest me because I'm attempting to address them in my own life.

For 18 of the past 30 months, I haven't had internet service in my home or on my phone (and I haven't owned a TV since the 1990's). I haven't had home internet for over a year, and at this moment I have a limited amount of data on my phone which allows me to access my email and sites like this.

My life is listening to music, to nature, writing, kayaking. I don't follow the news. That world you speak of doesn't exist in my reality.

The technology business, including internet, social media and streaming services, is a multi-trillion dollar a year business. The average North American household spends hundreds and thousands of dollars a year on new technology and services.

I spend $15 a month on phone service, and I use an 8 year-old phone and a 6 year old laptop that buzzes constantly.

We have all the power and the solution is simple. Disconnect, remove one's self from the virtual world, and start living in the real world again, like we all were doing 25 years ago.

Stop funding these corporations. Take away their revenue and you take away their power. Protest with your wallet.

People won't of course, and 30 million units of the newest iPhone will be sold in the first month of its release, just like always. Why? Because it's too inconvenient. And because most people now actually prefer to live in that virtual world; it's much more exciting and there's so much more happening. And if there's any doubt about that, just ask the typical internet user if they'd prefer to watch Tic Tok videos and text their friends, or go for a walk in the woods.

Sparrows threads go on for multiple pages, yet the answer remains unchanged, no matter how many questions people ask. Take personal responsibility. People and the world cannot be changed. The change must come from the individual and from within.

Cheers Redchic.
~