View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Just homing in on this aspect ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries

It's funny, the existence of the reality of duality (as you've noted), or of the finite occupied-space universe per r6, paradoxically is exactly what points to the illusory nature of this reality...the part about separation being an illusion at the level of the soul and of our "higher" consciousness (or, rather, just who really are, at centre).
I don't see this reality as illusory . It is an environment for what we are to experience individuality . One can realize Self beyond this reality and continue to see everybody else as one and the same but yet unique and different at the same time .

The reality is not illusory, it is how you perceive things within the reality which is subject / open to scrutiny .

x daz x

Hey there GL/Daz.

I completely agree with this, and I agree that this material reality is key to our experience of both individuation (experience of self) and separation (the illusion). This is absolutely critical IMO, I agree...it's why we're here. I will unpack that a little more. Nor can I disagree that how we each perceive things within our environment (at whatever level) is unique to each of us. That too is absolutely true and critical really...I'll say more about that. It's the other piece I will unpack.

I completely agree, actually, with what you're saying. I was just trying to emphasise the separation aspect, but I didn't explain what I meant. So here goes...

We are individuated in this reality. That is, we experience our unique consciousness amidst the collective and amidst the greater All.
But it's more just an emphasis I was trying to make on the part about separation. Individuation does not equal separation. We are individuated (thank God ) but we are never separated.

Separation doesn't actually exist. Not from our "higher selves" (these are in fact just who we are at centre, pure and unvarnished). Not from the Whole. And not from one another (hahaha...and yes, for those who may find this bothersome, I'm sorry to have to say it ). We're not the same, but as U2 said, we are all one, and we get to carry each other.

The illusion of separation is by no means wasteful, of course. It serves a crucial purpose. It allows us to continually exercise our option to choose, over and over, day in and day out. Will we choose today to live and act and be in alignment with who we are at centre, and rise to a place of authentic love and morality and being? OR will we choose today to go another way -- so that we can experience the violent perpetration of say, oppression, torture, rape, or murder ...or perhaps the perpetration of graft or theft or ??? ...upon others?

The illusion of separation is how we forge the mettle (metal) of our character, our soul. And once we have more than just the barest awareness of this context, we add the huge weight of sentient awareness behind those day-to-day choices. We now knowingly indulge in graft or exploitation or rape or harm of others...and thus against lovingkindness...no matter what else we may tell ourselves. Or, we now knowingly choose the path of authentic love of others equally to the self, and self, to others.

To your point, I agree. It's very real. The choices we make are very real. They are timeless, as are the intentions behind them. They can be redirected or healed through different choices and different intentions. And the sum of these intentions and choices made manifest in word and deed is who we are in the eternal, timeless, non-dual sense. Living in alignment with our centre is how we bring unity and non-duality into this waking world. That is how we know who we truly are (timeless) within this particular time-bound incarnation.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke