View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
It's not doom and gloom to be aware of how things are. It's foolish to be so blindly optimistic ..
Also, look at China, they are the #2 country in the world and look at how much pollution they cause. I find it hard to believe that can convince the rest of the world to maintain their standards of living while we fix the atmosphere. Most likely every country, or the majority of them, will remain stuck in their rat race and continue polluting the world at large for their own benefits. mars is probably our only hope as a species.

Everything is about education & alternatives so a country like China needs to see something at face value, they are on record as considering solutions which is a good start.

Global warming is not man made so I hope that's not your starting point?

Just take this from the LA Times:

China will set a deadline for carmakers to stop selling cars that run exclusively on gasoline or diesel fuel. The news was announced over the weekend by Xin Guobin, the country’s industry and information technology vice minister.

No date was given, but earlier this year Britain and France each vowed to implement such a ban by 2040. Several other European countries and India have announced their own versions, pressured in part to reduce greenhouse gases under the international Paris accord on climate.

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...911-story.html

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain