View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 04:20 AM
Experiencer

This is what I know and some of the things I use. Note that I have found that personal growth work is also necessary to clear the underlying root-cause patterns or they keep returning. EFT is very useful as a pattern-interrupt to help real healing of the underlying issues. Flower essences can also help with energy patterns in ways that food cannot. And a good therapist will help to keep you honest because if you have an addictive personality it is likely you will need someone to talk with directly so that you avoid sending yourself in circles self-medicating in reaction to emotional ups and downs.

That being said I use tyrosine and tryptophan as dopamine and serotonin building blocks. They are amino acids that come from protein so are technically classified as food and so are not strongly regulated. But they are more potent in this form. You should follow the directions on the bottle or get a practitioner to help you to take them in a therapeutic way. I find the tyrosine helpful for mental focus and the tryptophan helpful for feelings of well being.

B and C are consumed in greater quantities by the body during times of stress. If using supplements then I like to use good ones that are B complex and C with bioflavonoids. And whenever taking any supplements it is a good idea to research the side-effects and be aware of your reaction so that you know your own limits and can back-off appropriately.

One more thing is sleep. This is extremely important more than most people realize. And if there was one thing I wish I knew years ago this is it. You need a good 7.5 hours at least. The trick I use is to start turning off lights one by one as the night does on. That triggers a desire for sleep automatically. The times between 11pm-1am and 7am-9am are critical. Make sure some time in those ranges is covered. On bad days I'll also go off to the car and catch a 20min catnap. Then can resume work refreshed and get a lot more done and I'd rather do that and work late after than try to push straight through.

That's plenty to get you started. Get some help and remember more is not better. Go in moderation and keep in mind that true healing is a long-term process with awareness and you should be looking for steady progress over time and not quick fixes.