View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Those of us who think and read and listen and are active in the why/wherefore questions are maybe guilty of underestimating those who don't announce their presence as not being robots. My own contacts have shown me that there are many people don't respond quickly to 'God and the world' questions - but when they do it has always surprised me.

What I can't get into my head is why we (not all obviously) accept being alive in flesh so phlegmatically as if to say being 'here' as I am, is 'normal'. They may as well add on 'it is as I expected'. There aren't many people who are astounded at being alive. There are also those who are prepared to take all sorts of risks, putting their own lives in danger.

There is, it seems to me, to be an inherent knowledge in the minds of mankind that no matter what happens everything will, in the end, be alright.

In my own case I recall at the age of about nine being suddenly overwhelmed at the simple impossibility of being what we call 'alive', this realisation has never left me. To think that this may all be a product of my own imagination, shared or not, raises the question of consciousness into another dimension.

There's not really that much to say. I think probably those that say the least are the wisest. :) "I don't know" seems to be a smart answer!

If being alive and human isn't normal - what is? How am I supposed to be astounded when I just found out that hot guy wants to ask me out, or my boss is looking for a reason to fire me, or I just caught my spouse having an affair, or my kid is sick, or - fill in the blank. Surface stuff assaults our senses - regularly. And I think this makes it nearly impossible for some to consider the bigger picture (which seems to be just absurdly ginormous, but maybe really isn't ...).

The enormity of things going on - right now - the massive scale on which events are transpiring is overwhelming - for us to think about - not for them to happen. The possibilities of what things are and where they're going and why this and what about that is ... there are no words. Mind Boggling. We just can't know by using math and reason alone. There's more. Levels and levels of deeper stuff.

We don't really have an option other than to think/hope that in the end - things will be alright. Do we? Thinking (or is it knowing?) any other way is without hope or ambition and I think that runs counter intuitive to human nature. Perhaps that "inherent knowledge" as you call it is consciousness. :)

So if we're impossible and here - what else is impossible and here? And what's behind it all?