View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Master

Quote:
I actually had to do quite a bit of shadow work prior to posting here... because I was desiring to open myself to more of these types of connections... yet a part of my repressed shadow side had to do with sexual expression where by my generation (90's - 2000's) had the perception that sex always comes first - we were a very hyper sexual generation and sex was always assumed... and one's worth and aspects of identity was often based on it... so this is sort of an ego veil which needed looking into in order to be able to get to a place of being free to connect openly and not be blocked by all these ideas reguarding love and expression...
I bring this up because for me it represented one of the fears which was blocking me from exploring connection in general with others.
Where in the past was a bit plagued because of the assumption that any soul connection - or even experiences of energy merges sex was a given and sadly this dynamic is still quite a prominent one in the world and a big factor blocking the potential for connecting...

reminded me of going through this process and making a solid decision.

Our souls come to a point of no longer being satisfied with the emptiness of casual sex, and require fulfilling authentic connections. You may be drawn to variety for a time, until you recognize what truly resonates with you. It is then that you will want more than to please the ego with mere distraction. For some it is an inner knowing, for others it takes many experiences. But ultimately our deepest desire is for complete union of the feminine and masculine.

Sidonie Bouchet © 2012