View Single Post
Old 14-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I’m not sure vegan ketosis would be a good choice, as you’d starve yourself of fat. The lack of fat can lead to brain issues, as it depends on fat. Eggs/dairy/meat, one way or the other, is part of a healthy diet. Without it we become skinny, unless if we eat loads and loads of carbs I suppose. This is overlooked with the diets in retreats I’ve checked, they eat little and simple.

I’d love to see a super fit, healthy person get “enlightenment”, not a skinny monk..
It would give more weight to their experience, imho. Others may disagree with me on this.
Avocadoes, coconut, olive oil, flax seed (high in Omega 3), nuts like Brazil nuts and macadamias...etc..

As for super-fit people reaching enlightenment...that would all depend on who you would personally consider to be "enlightened" by your personal standards of what "enlightenment" is, isn't it? and that would apply across the board and be the same for an athlete or a skinny monk.

If you would like one example, we may take Wim Hof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof

However, you may retort that extreme temperature may cause one to hallucinate, or rigorous training regimes may cause one to hallucinate, or a super fit person may have a mental disorder causing them to hallucinate....there are also many "skinny monks" who may not be "enlightened" either - some may fast for weeks and not even hallucinate...others may fast for the same amount of time and start tripping balls...

I just don't understand how certain groups of people can be generalised and pigeonholed according to the unsubstantiated opinion of one or two (individual) people...this makes no sense to my way of thinking, so if you would like to do me the courtesy of explaining how that can be so, that would be good....even though I probably won't be able to read it until next week. Cheers.