View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Aw Rozie

I feel your pain someone who is so passionate about astrology and this astrology is being turned and used as a reason for people to hate you just because of when your birthday is. Its quite clear most people that use the astrology subject on this forum have little interest in nothing more than sun signs which is a real shame, they are missing out on some indepth insight to themselves that can only truely be given by understanding your own birthchart and of those you love.

You will notice that I gave a real life example of how Sun signs in no way relate to how two people get on but I don't think it was really picked up on.

Dont let it get you down.

Ditto. Well written SnowGoose.

Astrology is vast and deep and ANCIENT. Media sources that engage in Sun sign horoscopes have created a following where many people think that is Astrology, but that is like examining a one millimeter square of art and claiming you understand it. You have to view the entire painting or sculpture to begin to understand art (or Astrology, and as every astrologer will tell you, there is no bottom to the knowledge, it just keeps getting deeper and deeper because there is always more to learn).

Therefore, astrologers need to remember that sun-sign focused people have the beginning grasp on Astrology, but they can't see beyond the one millimeter square they are focused on.

Rozie, I am so sorry you are hurt by this. This post bothers me as well and I have stated as much in my previous comments. In my head, this is stereotyping and dividing, looking for ways that certain groups of people are good and others are bad. Replace the Astrology symbols with gender, race, color or religion and it is the same unfortunate story time and time again.

It is frustrating to see, but it is my hope that as the sun-sign focused students learn more they will expand beyond these views. <3