View Single Post
Old 28-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
thanks sangress, how does one shiedl their energy?

I start by thinking about the nature of the shield itself. What exactly is it intended to do? Then I try to think of an image that fits the intention. Then I try to personalize it in some way. Then I feed energy into it.

An example:

Lets say we want to make a shield that blocks out other peoples' negative judgements. When they have a strong negative judgement about the world or themselves we can sometimes take this on and identify with it. So what comes to my mind is the old childrens saying "I'm rubber and you're glue". Now thats a personal thing, you need something that is strongly associative for you. Now I need an image. As I think about it I've decided that rubber isn't the image I want so I'm going to make a trampoline. My image is the Uplifting Trampoline. Whenever I am jumping on it any energy that comes my way will get stuck bouncing on the trampoline. If it fits my criteria as a negative judgement it will get bounced off. So my trampoline will keep me from being weighed down by other peoples' judgement.

I used a trampoline on purpose to demonstrate that any image will work. What's important is that you are able to focus on it. After you have firm image you need to feed energy into it if you want to stick around when you aren't thinking about it. I don't know what methods you use to move energy so just do what you would normally do but push the energy into your image. It can take a while but you can get them to stick around all the time.