View Single Post
Old 19-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it
I read that more people than not have a lingering spirit or some past life that still attaches to us.
I wonder how do we know if we have an entity attached to us? If we do would we definitely know it?
Is it possible we have a curse on us that is holding us?
Maybe this is the wrong sub forum for asking this?

I think these are questions best taken into meditation. One individual experiences the universe in one way, another in an entirely different way. Both experiences may be real and valid (even if they directly contradict each other). For example, in my personal experience of the universe, when I took on this body, I had no attachments or karma from previous lives. I do remember bits and pieces of previous lives, but the memories carry no baggage. Too, someone might indeed attempt to 'curse' me or attach something negative to me, but if they were successful it would be released when this body dies. Still, I understand that others experience these attachments and the carried-over karma. Those experiences are just as real and valid as mine.

The problem arises, I think, when one forms a belief about one's own situation from the experiences of others rather than from one's own direct experience. It can really help open the mind to the possibilities when one asks questions like this of others, but I don't believe that people can really answer them for anyone other than themselves. Hence the load of differing opinions presented in response to just about any question asked regarding spiritual reality.

Open2it, do you ask because you feel that you have some sort of attachment or karmic carry-over in your current life?