View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 08:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
There were relatively many Shivalingams found, as shown in the photographs. The other statues were rarely found, and it is not clear if they were even worshipped. No temples were found over there.

The name itself denotes a foreigner , who obviously does not have a precise understanding of Hinduism as he was not brought up in India or in Hindu culture.

If you want an authentic source, you can take up Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, who was born a Brahmin and is an enlightened spiritual master for millions in India and all over the world.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar teaches and elaborates on the Shivalinga in this article of his...

https://www.artofliving.org/in-bn/wi...-qa-2?mobile=1

The data I have given of the link between Rama, Krishna and Vishnu to the Shivalingam is valid and can be fact checked by anyone.

In fact there are many more such sources in India.

Parashurama, the seventh avatar of Vishnu, is himself a devotee of Shiva and established famous temples for Shiva in India, especially in Kerala where he built 108 Shiva temples which are the most ancient and well=-known temples there.
My dear one, going by your definition, I am also a "foreigner" as I was born in Australia and not in India and therefore do not understand the "Hindu ways".

Do you know something? I love it when Native Hindus raise this issue with me because they CLEARLY set aside ALL notions of reincarnation and previous births and lifetimes to do so..they CLEARLY forget that the Atman has no caste, creed or nationality. They just make a case for the whole thing by saying: "you were not born in India so you can never understand Hinduism".

I was raised in Bali Indonesia and of COURSE I know all about the traditions surrounding the AGAMA Shastras.. you won't find any murthys of Deities in Bali either..Just Shiva Lingams...no statues of Shiva whatsoever... but what they DO have, is Dwarpalas...statues of temple guardians which represents the fierce form of Lord Shiva, Kala Bhairava.

Being raised in Bali as a BALINESE Hindu... without having any statues to pray to, not getting any joy out of worshiping the Shiva Lingam, I endeared myself to the Dwarpalas..I prayed to them and associated THEM with Lord Shiva..

....and that is how I became associated with the Yaksha Roopam of Lord Shiva and with the worship of Bhairava..who, as you may recall, emerged from that pillar of light to decapitate Lord Brahma.

Aum Namah Shivaya