View Single Post
Old 20-05-2016, 03:47 AM
Master
That last paragraph about your friend was very funny. When I worked in the mental health field I had a similar experience; rather sad, how a patient ran up a very large bill on lavish things, meals, etc., and then went home put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. The bullet went into one side of his head an exited on the other side but he lived an still could talk, etc. He had a lot of bills to face.

A few months ago I had a friend die who never discussed death with anyone; when he died he had almost half a million dollars in assets, owned 5-homes, etc. but he did not have a will, his nearest relative could not be found, so my friends assets went to the State’s “unclaimed money” section, and if it were not for the VA my friend might not have had a decent burial. But I do acknowledge the evolution as well; how people are coming to embrace death more through celebration and appreciating life.

I found it very heartwarming how the City of Los Angeles buries all homeless people together whose bodies have gone unclaimed, and then they hold a memorial service at that grave site. That is more than what we Americans did for the Vietnamese during that war.