View Single Post
Old 18-08-2015, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme1981
I'm currently reading Journey of Soul by Michael Newton and it is really bumming me out. What is the general consensus in here about this book or what are your thoughts on it?

Here is what is bumming me out: I don't want to go to that afterlife. If you read the book closely, even Newton has his reservations about it which you can subtly pick up in his questions to his clients.

I'll start with the things about this conception of life and the after life I find comforting:

1) It creates in me a healthy sense of detachment from others. If we are all going to end up as balls of energy and have to return to this place anyway then there really is no need to want to help anyone; everyone is where they are at and they will have infinite tries to improve and there really is no gain in helping them because there is no reward for anyone.

2) The meaning of life is not within our control, we just enjoy the ride if we can because we are going to have to do it again anyway, whether we like it or not.

The things I find disturbing that bum me out:

1) I don't want to be a ball of energy, I kind of like this body and of some divine for can do it here in the Universe they can also do it there.

2) I don't want to come back to this place. I see no value in reincarnating. I'm a humble, polite, loving person there is nothing for me here or I would be doing it right now and there is nothing I can think of I would rather do. Maybe I have intimacy issues but really why do this whole thing to get over one issue. Why not just get over it there?

3) There is no conception of Evil in this system. Theoretically, after Hitler died he got a lecture on why genocide and conquest is wrong and off to the next life. Same with Stalin and the rest. Well, what about the souls who experienced it themselves, do they not at least get a turn to give them a beat down...at least...it seems like being a ball of energy rewards Evil by not allowing it to be given a beat down and the rest of us just have to chalk up as a learning lesson.

4) What is the goal? I don't want to be elder or an old soul or anyone more than who I am. I rather like myself and I would be more than happy just peacefully enjoying myself with others. I don't believe pain teaches much other than pain itself which is not a valuable lesson. Trust me, I've been through some pain and I've lucked out in this life in avoiding other pains but I don't think I or anyone else is better for experiencing it.

I'll present more issues I have that are bumming me out. Please, please, please, have an open mind. I'm not saying Newton is wrong. What I am saying is I fear Newton is correct. If he is correct, it shouldn't be this way and I would like to change it somehow.

Newton, probably unknowingly, describes a soul farm in the book, over and over.
Your instincts are conveying to you that you don't buy into the hierarchal game their selling. It is not part of your genetics.
Search for what is true for you.