View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Spirituality has always been a part of my inner search for as long as I can remember.
As a child growing up in an atheistic household. I spend a summer going to church every sunday for instance.

Then when I was nine and read roald dahl's The wonderful story of Henry Sugar I spend hoers and hours looking at the lightbulb in my room. I wasn't allowed a burning candle to meditate on.

In high school we talked to spirit's using ouija boards.

When I was about 17 or 18 I found books. Chacra's ,advaita vedanta, Osho, sai baba you name it. Enrolled in various body work courses. Bio energeicks, reich's breath work, rebirthing yada yada yada..

Druidism, wicca, the works of Bo Yin Ra, spend a year or so learning biological dynamic farming. Antroposophy and then ascension.

A few years ago dove into Buddhism.

The more I learned and experienced the more I feel like Benjamin Button. The older I get the more I seem to grow young and ignorant..

These days I am no longer sure why bother at all.
That said I have a 10 day vipassana retreat coming up april 9 through 20.

I guess my main reason is that I feel my inner and outer experiences or knowing don't line up. So I keep searching until they do.

A fun fact is that even though I thought I would rise above it all at some point. I seem to become more and more ordinary. More and more human. With every human trait available to be. The good and the bad and feeling at peace with just this.

With Love
Eelco
there's nothing wrong with just being human, it's funny, that's one the hardest things to admit. Just plan old human. I see it like walking down a dirt road picking up what I find along the way and maybe learning a few things too about fellow human. Just simply doing the best I can to be a better soul step by step,day by day. A wise man once said to me "cause that's all you can do".