View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Experiencer
Every day I see things that never cease to surprise me, in the case of rudeness that is. It's not just the younger generation either. I think it has to do with the internet and social media and all that stuff. People feel like they can comment on anything, even things like peoples looks and baldness etc...

I see it every day, people almost getting in fights over a line up for a coffee, or I've even seen people threaten bodily harm if someone won't give them a cigarette.

Sometimes I understand where Hermits and social outcasts are coming from ! I like that you stand up for yourself, but personally I am learning it's better to ignore, because I have almost gotten beat up/fighting over standing up for myself. People are much more willing to fight a 40 year old male, if I was older, or a woman I could probably get away with more.

That reminds me of another thing, when I wear a suit and tie, I get way more threats and hassle than if I wore ripped jeans and a leather jacket. People seem to think if I am dressed nicely they can approach me with threats and demands, maybe they think a well dressed man won't fight back, I'm not sure. I am talking about homeless people/crackheads/riff raff.