View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't think so, more like placing the attention on where the self is. With the words 'who am I?', one has to also look to find out.
Ah thankyou, so its with the intent, one moves to stay present with whatever is.
Quote:

Wow I didn't actually expect anyone would read it. I've read it, but more like bit by bit since I downloaded it a few years back. I like this book a lot.

Well I thought you wanted people to read it and discuss. I moved through it fast but I got the gist of it and I like it. It speaks to that part of me aware, so it's not hard to flow with the context.
Quote:
Really? Affirmation? My first touch on spirituality apart for Christian religion was healing centre that was based on Louise Hay's affirmations - I think her book was called 'You Can Heal Your Life', but affirmations didn't seem to do anything for me.

Affirmations were more when I investigated my mind and beliefs, keeping me locked in to an "aspect" of my process. It was important learning for me over that two years to see how the body shifts more profoundly to clarity of being if the mind is changed from old patterns to new patterns that serve a greater shift within. I still had to do the work as it all arose. I did notice it was quite profound all the same. Bit like being in a sitting meditation, where you let it all unfold once you place your attention to something. It served a similar process to what your sharing here about where attention goes, what can be, in this way. I used Louise Hay's book to understand the mind body relationship more so, so it was a investigative path for a while in me. . (I walked many paths but I see it served me to gain a deeper understanding of many paths and where it all leads.. )

Quote:
Not really. I have read and listened to lots of ND people from Ramana to Gangaji to Spira, and I guess it's a core practice that this is my presence, but I'm personally working the other way, bringing pure awareness through mind/body.

This is where I have arrived recently, more consciously aware the potential in myself in this regard. It is getting into my awareness deeper how to let it all melt away rather than let my mind take over the game. I think this last shift helped me see how I really don't want to be in the entanglement of myself anymore, through the mind/body awareness. I got a taste of that pure awareness these past few months so I see how it is going to serve me ongoing from here on in as a practice this more clear/aware to do so :)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder