View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
(Sorry that I'm starting so many threads ATM....I'm on a bit of a roll.)

The subject of this thread is the incredible diversity and apparent discrepancy of peoples version of reality and their "inner life" in general. I have yet to meet anyone who actually shares their definition of reality with me. Or who sees things the same way.

Why is that?

It is very much like each and every person is their OWN reality....which is different from any other reality. I know the general idea is that there is only ONE reality or God of which we are all part; but my experience seems to indicate otherwise. Literally everyone I meet and get acquainted with is different from anyone else.

Finding any similarity or agreement is a rare occurrence. My suspicion is that everyone is a unique reality within themselves.......
This is because each person's individual perception is as unique as their fingerprints, even if another agrees with certain aspects of the perception. God exists beyond ALL realities, concepts and limited human perceptions.

Most judge other people's behaviours and opinions based upon their own "inner dictionaries" of definitions according to emotions, experiences and cognitive biases.

For example, one person may dislike another, for whatever reason they have and the disliked person may not know why...they may have just "looked the wrong way" at them...but they attempt to be nice to the other person anyway...Just making them a cup of tea or something because they are having one...only to be scowled at with a " what do YOU want?" when they don't want anything.

Somebody may raise their tone in emphasis, another will say they are "shouting"..

God only knows the number of times I have been misjudged and/or misunderstood by others and if there were any actual consistency to these misjudgments, I would probably take notice...only to have others say "other people know you better than you know yourself" and I "know myself" bloody well...enough to say " no, you have got me all wrong" only to get "no I haven't" back as the reply..and so, me being ME, of course I am going to have the final word about myself...because other people are not me.

Also, if I changed to suit other people's ideas or expectations of me, I won't be ME anymore...and other people change their minds like every 5 minutes anyway...I would go stark raving mad...So this is why I am totally inflexible when it comes to changing my personality...unless it comes from deep within ME, irrespective of anybody else.

I hope this answers your question.