View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Kaceykat

I once heard from a relative I didn't know I had, at least not by that name.

I was staying up late one night, working on a project. I didn't feel good physically, I had a sore throat and was achy, but my creativity was flowing and I just - couldn't - stop.

Then I heard a thought "Go to the kitchen and get some Vitamin C." I ignored it. I heard it again a few minutes later, but brushed it off again. The third time, it was a bit louder, more firm and amused "Now, listen to your Auntie. Go to the kitchen, and get some Vitamin C!"

This startled me now into awareness. I looked up at the air. "I don't have an Auntie!," I said out loud, arguing. My dad's sister never had kids and my moms an only child, so I hadn't a clue who was claiming to be my aunt. And I clearly heard the sweet rebuttal in my head "Yes you do. Aunty Birdie."

Yeah, I went and I got the Vitamin C at that, and probably went to bed not too much longer.

A few days later, I asked my Mom if I had had an "Aunty Bird". She replied, "Oh you mean Auntie Birdie" supplying the last syllable I had forgotten. "That was your grandmother's sister M****. She used to call you and your brother on the phone, and whistle like a robin for you." She died forty years ago and I don't think I ever actually met her, since she lived on the other side of USA.

And get this: she was a nurse. I don't know why she decided to drop in and say hi to me that particular night, expressing her concern for my health, but I love it that she did.