View Single Post
Old 15-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow

Dear 7luminaries,

Humanity must grasp the reality that their physical body is actually more spiritual in its composition than it is a solid physical structure. There exists an entire universe, literally, within the space between the very infinitesimal particles of your physical structure. In truth, there is no such thing as empty space, it simply does not exist. Yet, from generalised perspective, most will never acknowledge just how much literal space there is composiing what they perceive in the mirror. Human beings only perceive themselves to be physical at all due to orbital energy magnetism which gravitates movements into clusters. Just as humanity may look out into the cosmos and perceive merely a singular spec of distant light, which in fact represents trillions of other systems and properties at work.

In view of this extraordinary multi-faceted universe which composes each human being, one can and should never consider themselves or their body a s banal.

Sparrow thank you for your thoughtful response, as always. I completely agree. with what you've said. What I also have observed via knowledge of our recent history (which my parents lived through) since mid-20th century, specifically picking up post-1960, is that in order to utilise the contraceptive technology to realise unbounded sexual indulgence without heart, ownership, or presence, the universal truth of unconditional love (and humanitarian ideals more broadly) was rather cynically tied to the archaic patriarchal religious traditions that they sought to be freed of.

Many were idealistic and well-intentioned and had no idea that men's baser instincts would lead to a utilitarianism that openly dehumanises the humanity of all, several decades hence. These same persons assumed that unconditional love would win out, but in a freer setting. Their idealism was a beautiful thing but it cannot come to fruition in our current setting, so long as many ignore or denigrate the truth of authentic love in all relationships and for all humanity. As if the existing faith traditions which ascribe to this belief in the need to do and be authentic love (and most do and always have done, despite their many and obvious shortcomings which I in no way justify) must be chucked, along with ALL truths they proferred or channeled or conveyed. The truth of authentic love is universal and belongs to no one tradition or group of what have ye. And yet these most core and universal "rights of humanity/sentience/existence more broadly" are thus trashed and binned because they have been cynically labeled as "outdated religious beliefs". What???? Authentic love was simply emphasised or made known through these vehicles...its existence is eternal.

But this same cynical device has been employed to do away with the core revealed truths that have been revealed and which these traditions did/do contain, which I will never part with. And this same cynical device has been used to revel in a debasing of the body and thus of the individual -- since without recognition of the sanctity and dignity of each and all, NO exceptions, then it's down to every group or individual to "decide" who receives authentic love in relationship with others. And who is unworthy of it and can be dehumanised and degraded.

As it is, humanity has struggled with authentic love...and especially with regard to men, toward women. The last thing we needed was a cynical, manipulative, self-serving excuse for men to pursue unfettered sex without strings, "fallout" like pregnancy, responsibility, or any emotional engagement that honours the humanity and dignity of the other. One that critically had to denigrate our mutual humanity and debase our physical temples, in order to make it "ok" to pursue sex in a blatantly exploitative and detached manner, without presence, heart, or regard for our deeper humanity. Now, decades later, it's fairly easy to see the basest seeds of the sexual revolution -- which idealists in my folks' generation thought would take us to that universal authentic love, but which sadly has taken us sideways or backwards...and many could argue that we are farther from agape now than even before, as even the minimal respect and dignity accorded to one another...particularly for men toward women...has diminished.

Quote:
Unfortunately this activity is something which has occurred liberally over the millennia and as such is a programmed instinct build into cellular memory. You could say sins of past generations are being experienced by present generations, this is why humanity needs to be more proactive in cultivating a more loving cellular instinct for their future generations.

I observe similarly that females generally practice self-love far better than males. This is generally because they adopt a more nurturing and respectful approach. Females are more in tune with biological rhythms of life and work in harmony with the natural flow. Males tend to resist the flow and natures rhythm and will push, pull and try to force what they desire. This again is a deeply rooted instinct from many generations of past practices.

It is a common truth that human beings still treat the planet they inhabit in the same way as they treat their fellow inhabitants, especially in terms of business relationships. Which is exploitation.
I completely agree. That is exactly the point I was making.
I firmly believe our progress in living sustainably with Gaia, and with lovingkindness toward Gaia, can only progress so far without a complete and transformative centreing of our relationships with one another within a context of authentic love.

Quote:
Just as you experience trauma in human relationships due to a disassociation from what you call universal agape love, business relationships also suffer trauma. As you indicate, a reorientation is needed for a more harmonious future. This is occurring in some places.

░S░p░a░r░r░o░w░

Sparrow...I deeply appreciate your above comments/response to my earlier post. There were some key paragraphs that you did not address, which I have posted here so that you might address them in a 2nd pass.

They are, IMO, at the very core of our misaligned, imbalanced relationship with the rest of humanity and with Gaia, both. And they have to do with the fact that authentic love has always been historically, universally, strategically and intentionally lacking or absent from male-female relationships.

Throughout history, marriage was an arrangement and there was no general concept of consent for the woman. Women were callously penetrated without consent (optional within marriage) and certainly without an authentic love for their being. Rape within marriage has only in recent decades been deemed illegal in the West (forget about the rest of the world), though notoriously hard to enforce. Outside of traditional and deeply flawed concepts of marriage or family, hardly anyone as yet even pretends that there is any deep regard for women as equals in their humanity and dignity and right to authentic love. Meaning, there are almost no long-term, on-the-ground agape friendships between adult non-familial men and women, and nor are 99+% of "partnerships" worldwide founded on agape, even in the West where arranged partnerships have gone by the wayside for several generations now -- and agape between men and women is therefore at least potentially now possible, thank God.

We have only been 50 to 100 years or so into a modern era where women have both legal and economic rights to sustain any minimal notion of autonomy, so the notion of our human right to authentic love in all our relationships, including friendship with men and certainly any partnership with men, is radically novel and has not yet even penetrated mainstream discourse in any substantive way.

Quote:
I read Tiss's statement and heard the disappointment regarding the lack of agape love, and how for a woman (most women), being touched without an authentic love for her first and foremost simply as a person and as a beloved friend, produces a severe and cumulative trauma over both the short- and especially the long-term. Bluntly put, penetration without a mutual authentic love feels like coercion and rape to the body and to the heart, even though the mind and ego may deny or misdirect.

Self-love is certainly one way to avoid this trauma, and to recover some of the authentic love in being which we all are. But in relationship to one another, there is a deeper transformation, a deeper challenge to which humanity must rise. Never before in the history of Gaia have adult, unrelated men and women routinely and consistently experienced non-sexual, engaged, long-term authentic (agape, unconditional) love with one another. Male-female adult beloved "anam cara" agape friendships have always been almost nonexistent and nor have male-female partnerships ever been founded on an agape love.

Instead, what has sustained humanity in both the physical and spiritual sense has instead been the agape love we have received (at least from some of them some of the time) from parents, from children, and from beloved friends, usually same-sex because of the arranged and/or coercive sexual and non-authentically loving overtones of most male-female partnerships on earth since time immemorial.

Clearly, agape love toward others manifest in our being and doing, regularly and day-to-day, on the ground, is a challenge for humanity at large. But it is particularly in the realm of male-female adult non-familial relationships where agape love (unconditional, actively seeking and supporting the highest good of others equally to the self) has been most persistently and pervasively absent. Such that we continue as a species to call for agape love between one another, between groups, etc., whilst continuing to do and be and speak of special exceptions for men and women. Such that male-female anam cara (agape) friendships [non-sexual and not dependent upon expectations or demands for sex] are nearly non-existent into adulthood, and such that male-female partnerships globally, whilst of course common, continue to specifically ignore the call to authentically love one another first and foremost as people and as friends.

Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts on this
Peace & blessings!
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited by 7luminaries : 15-10-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: fixed quotes ;)