View Single Post
Old 20-07-2019, 05:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Nothing wrong with the tropics or a tropical holiday, especially at this time of the year.

I don’t know why people say the ocean is calming, duh – try hiking 4km on the beach in the morning, in all that wind and wave action and you just end up feeling like a ‘Flash Gordon’ for the rest of the day – so energized.

Not that it is a competition or anything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9V3Pj47x4c

The main difference between what I do and general consumerism is someone who has a ton of money can't buy a heavy lift. It's literally priceless. The real competition is not actually lifting more than another competitor; its lifting more than I did before. The bar just sits there quiet on the floor. It doesn't care if you make or fail the lift. If you do the work for it, the lift is made possible, and there is no other way to progress: training is the only way. Today is not competition day, but because what I do today is what makes the difference, today's training is what counts.

This is how one falls in love with the process of the simple daily grind, determined and deliberate with the continuity of practice.