View Single Post
Old 15-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Question Party On Dude---The Earth Is Only Getting Greener---Celebration Is In Order?

Yes we live in a golden age of fossil resource consumption--- ex uranimum minning ---. That is dead end pathway for humanity and the environment that sustains us.

Solar was just beginng to become used in early 1900's before pertroleum boomed in Saudi Arabia.

Sticking head in hole-n-ground--- butt forward evolution ---to negative scenarios is not the mind/intellect forward evolutionary approach fro human survival.

The future is not bright with head-n-hole in ground. Those who think so are in denial of facts, truths and those scenarios for potential demise of humans and the enviroement that sustains them.

They are like naive golden age teenagers throwing a golden age party, that has some problems occur while the parents are away for a few days.

The parents come home and the teenagers and parents are now both accountable/responsible for a party that gotten out of hand.

I live through the Cuban missile crisis{ 60's }, surge of nuclear power{ 70's }, race to nuclear doomsday{ 80's }, resurgence of nuclear power{ 2000's } and now those of us who are responsible adults, know that there is no gurranttee's that humanity is going to past test to continue their existence here on Earth.

The human party will come to and end on Earth, question is, when and how much sufferring along the way?

r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
I see no evidence for that, and have seen the opposite going on in more recent years. Trying not to get to political but some U.S. politicians in last year stated they want to increase our nuclear weapon stock pile.

Even to former Soviet-Union and U.S. have cut back in 90's - 2000's, other countries have been increasing their stock piles.

I it is nice to think positively but it is ignorance to not consider, and consciously acknowledge and approach the problems and potential globally devastating scenarios. imho

Does humanity feel lucky? How long will luck carry humanity forward into the future?

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman