View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 10:52 PM
Master
Since I started this ‘Nature Evangelism’ (as I feel very passionate about Nature) – here is something I wrote years ago about a special place. Not exactly a ‘nondual awakening’ experience, but an expression of Nature Time as a 'direct pointer'.

Prior to moving to Central Australia I lived in Far Nth. Queensland tropics in a truly beautiful place with untouched nature still abound, but it was a small community - so in many ways living there was like living in suburbia as well. As such, I sometimes found it difficult to detach myself from the ‘human-mind-chatter-overlay-world’ and its ‘time-rhythm’, since it always was (and generally is), ‘the foremost consensus reality’ to consider in daily life.
So in order to experience/remember ‘nature time’, I sometimes made trips deeper into the rainforests or went further inland into savanna - country.

There is this place called Chillagoe, inland, not too far where I used to live. Dry, vast savanna-type landscape, dotted with ancient rock formations.

When I went there, it was like entering through a doorway into timelessness.
And within that vast-timeless-space-silence, every nature-sound, every movement (time) became only like an ‘echo of eternity’ or only like an accentuation of that timelessness, acquiring an almost illusory, somewhat hollow holographic quality, and yet - thus making the ‘holograph’ also Sacred.
Maybe one could call it: ‘Eternal-Primordial-All-Pervasive-All-Accommodating-Unconditional-Space-Awareness’, for it feels like the ‘Sourceless-Source’ for ‘All-That-Is’ - therefore making everything equal and interconnected.

In a way having gone through that ‘doorway’ was like having been swallowed up by ‘Womb of Creation’ itself, which can be likened to a meditative state where in the silence and stillness of your inner space you watch your thought-, and emotional forms arise from nothingness or emptiness only to see them dissolve into emptiness again - realizing that these thought and emotional forms do not have such solidity after all, solidity which one formerly took for granted.

Rainbow Serpent is said to hold all the creation in her belly, and when Thunder sounds, that is Rainbow Serpent's voice. This is not unlike Eurasian experience of hearing the sound of The Thunderbird heralding a moment, when time and timelessness, Essence and Creation meet at The World Tree – World Pole (like in nondual awakening experience).

Australian Aboriginal people are said to describe their psyche, their awareness with the word "Dreamtime" (not exactly their word for it) but in which the past, the presence and the future and all phenomenal existence are but a ‘display’ or ‘unfoldment’ of the said "Eternal Dreamtime" and this upside-down, or mirror view of the world being their ‘foremost consensus reality’.
To perceive in this primordial way gave them an understanding of the underlying law governing all our existence and how to live in this Sacred World accordingly.
(Now of course times have changed, but I do have a huge respect for this Country, and for its Dreaming and for those Elders who still remember it).

Since I am not an Australian native, I can only say, that my experience about Chillagoe is my own experienced version of trying to get closer to understanding "Eternal Dreamtime".
But maybe there are many Chillagoes in the world; - places, which like portals, at a given time grant us an entry into experiencing our multidimensionality for a moment that spells out Eternity.