View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Master
As a species we've been living on a meat-plant diet for thousands of years. We've had ''spiritual'' gurus and experiences for thousands of years as well. It's blatantly ignorant to believe that one part of humanity, in a subtropical agricultural land (India!) have all the truth. Yes let's ignore the rest of the world.

In the end, the idea that only one diet is 'spiritually' satisfying is a limited and provincial belief system. Don't get me wrong, it can work for an individual.

Environmentally it's also unsound. While Brazilian forest is cut down to feed the cattle, pretty much all the Asian forests are cut down for tropical fruits, tea, and palm oil.
So here again we see the veg community being incredibly selective.. as they do with health (ignoring sugar and salt intake of western societies), they also tend to do it with diet (ie. every meat eater eats the same amount of meat), and they are also selective when it comes to the environment.

I too, used to be trapped in those little cages of selectiveness. Glad I'm out of it. These issues are far more complicated then limited ideologies can account for.