View Single Post
Old 15-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Talking C60 Language of Spherical Fullerenes

Quote:
The Necromancer--BEAUTIFUL!!! It's also amazing that I am starting to understand what you're writing now. lol Here, have a buckyball for your effort:

That is not a buckyball. Looks more like a one celled radiolarian.

Buckyball is the spherical language of pure carbon 60.

http://www.astronoo.com/en/articles/fullerenes.html

...."These fullerenes are stacked to form a solid, like oranges in a box," said Nye Evans of Keele University in England, lead author of an article in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.

..."The particles we have detected are tiny, much smaller than the width of a hair, but each should contain millions of millions of buckyballs."
Since 2010, Spitzer has identified molecules in different environments and cosmic staggering amounts, equivalent to 15 times the mass of the Moon, especially in the galaxy the Small Magellanic Cloud. The discovery of buckyballs particles means that large amounts of these molecules must be present in some stellar environments, in the form of solid particles. The research team was able to identify the solid form of fullerenes in the Spitzer data, because they emit light in a way that differs from the gaseous form.".....

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman