Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21
Throughout history, humanity often hunted animals out of necessity, for the basic purpose of survival. Many hunting peoples, especially when they were indigenous, deliberately maintained a balance in their hunting activities and always had a deep respect for the animals they killed for food. Expressing gratitude to the hunted was fundamental to their belief system.
Therefore, hunting for food and survival is well and good. But hunting for SPORT is in a totally different category, because it is completely unnecessary and very CRUEL. Modern humanity is so well fed by the consumption of a variety of animals, so that hunting is no longer a necessity. Why do modern humans feel the need to torture animals for no good reason? Is it to satisfy an insatiable lust to inflict cruelty on helpless creatures? If they treat animals like that, then how do they treat their fellow human beings? There is no humane excuse for killing for sport.

Based on what you say here....you clearly have no understanding of the spiritual path of the hunter.....not sure why you're even here???

But I'll quote an explanation I wrote in another thread to try an shed some light on it for you.

"Why we still hunt
Because it puts you in touch with nature and connects you to the land.......when you eat what you grow and kill yourself...you truly know and appreciate what you have to eat in a deeply profound and spiritual way....

We eat the deer and animals......when we die our bodies decay and fertilize the soil...that grows the grass... that the deer and animals eat....to grow your food and to hunt and feed your family like that is truly the natural and spiritual way...it is the circle of life and human beings are a part of that circle of life.

Frankly....the path of the hunter is a spiritual path and a connection to nature that a non-hunter can never know.....as far as I'm concerned vegans are just pretenders in this regard when it comes to spirituality.

Only the hunter who has walked the woods.....and heard the howl of the wolf across the mountains...and felt the drive and passion of the hunt....and the hunt is literally the circle of life!!!....can love the deer and animals and nature in the most profound and spiritual way and why today's sportsman are the biggest and most vocal proponents of saving the environment and the wild places from human encroachment and are also the ones putting there money where there mouth is by funding government programs that save these animals and wild places for future generations...

The hunt is the circle of life......it is the mystical flight of the sacred arrow!!!!"

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!