Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Boom

I'm new to this forum, but I'm going to jump in here with my own thoughts.

The vast majority of people spend all their life on earth (The physical plane) with no knowledge or comprehension of other planes of existence.
We, and animals have a survival instinct, to stay on the physical plane for as long as we can. We are afraid of death, we are afraid of pain. We are held back.
Our physical bodies are equipped with the ability to self repair.

To me that is no accident. For some reason we are supposed to spend as much time as possible on Earth. Pain is an unpleasent sensation that we avoid at all costs. Perhaps thats the reason why we have no real knowledge of what life is like outside the physical plane. Perhaps if it was proven that its as wonderful as people make out it is, then there would be mass suicides.

Therefore, I get the feeling that any suicide would be deemed a bad thing by whatever is next.

From a personal perspective. I have not proven to myself about the existence of alternate planes and an afterlife as yet (that is why I am here). But if what I am reading is accurate, then I would still wish to leave a fulfilled life. It seems that there is plenty of time to be had in other planes and therefore we should embrace our life on earth.