View Single Post
Old 25-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Sangress

Quote:
what would the difference between an inter-dimensional being and an ET actually be? I mean, it almost seems that any inter-dimensional being could be considered an ET, just from a realm of space that we don't yet recognize. I am curious what other people think about this.

Inter-dimensional suggests the being is from another dimension or universe separate or hidden from out own. Alien tends to infer that the creature is from this physical universe, but not from earth (even though the term itself simply means foreigner at its core.)

I suppose calling or percieving interdimensional beings as aliens or not would all be down to your own choice of terminology and opinion.

Personally, I think inter-dimensional or astral entity is a far more specific label which I'd use. Alien would be a title reserved for the intergallactic physical lifeforms.

As for what would be the difference between the two, I think one would be physical (in the way this universe is physical) and the other not so much (whether that be marginally or completely non-physical who knows.)

Quote:
what if what they (the ancients/prophets/Mayans) were really referring to was the end of the world as we have known it brought about by the revelation that we are not alone in this universe?

That could be it, although its quite an unsure question since theres just so little evidence about the whole thing so its very open ended and can be interpreted in heaps of different ways.

In the litteral sense evidence of aliens themselves might be quite a socially changing event, but true alien contact or an "invasion" around here is probably more geared toward life-changing to say the least.

People have known statistics are completely against us being the only lifeforms in this universe for a while now, so in a way it is already accepted that we are not "alone"...its just that there is no proof as of yet, so theres room for denial, disbelief and skeptical phenomina regardless of statistics.

I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be surprised by the news that we aren't alone because of such statistics, so maybe in some cases not-so-lifechanging.

Quote:
I have had a number of strange "coincidences" lately that keep pointing me to the possibilty that there will be some kind of disclosure this year - a real, valid and substantial one, comprising "proof" - that there is other intelligent life in our universe. Anyone else experienced this?

I had an interesting "dream" last night regarding aliens (which Im still debating on whether it was a litteral dream or whether i'd accidentally walked in on *something* I technically shouldnt have,) so yes I suppose I have. It's mostly the reason why I was drawn to answer this thread.