View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 01:01 AM
Administrator
Heat Treated Crystals and Dye Infused Crystals

Hello

So many times I am finding that there is a lot of "heat treated" crystals on the market place of late. I too have noted that there is a lot of "common" agate that has been dye infused. If the colour is too bright most likely its been messed with and the value there is not as great as the price tag on it.

I have an example from a store that sells them as "Decorative Ware" not crystals so in that if you know your crystals your not going to by them for metaphysical purposes. YET I was like blown away on the price tag on "fakes" heat treated amethyst as someone could have been taken in that does not know their crystals thinking it was a good deal. (compared to what a real one goes for not heat treated).

So if you heat treat it or dye infuse it is it then "fake" I feel yes but not all feel that way. When you burn something you change its make up, I see fire as a cleansing so you remove the value energy of that stone.

I had to laugh when some were "finger lifted" and landed on a Buy and Sell site, that were faked.

Its such a case of buyer be wary out there, at times yes you find good deals at the retail home stores but be careful.

So what do you think of Heat Treating or Dye infusing crystals and how they are seen ?

For me personally I will not touch them. The yare altered and faked. No value as energy source just something pretty to look at.

Lynn