View Single Post
Old 14-07-2014, 05:51 PM
OftheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
We are to understand that the Earth is but an image of what lies beyond which is greater. Including Light.

That in fact, this material realm is "Frozen Light"

In this limited, temporary organic spectrum, we have within us the "Survival Instinct", even though we are to understand that beyond this spectrum, we survive. That we are Spirit. That, Life is much more.

How much negativity, war, crime and violence is committed due to the survival instinct, do you feel, on this planet?

I'm asking.

I think we all have different talents, understandings and experiences. I don't know why, but from what I have seen and known of people and the Universe that seems to be the case.

I honestly do not think that we are all from the same place, experiencing the same place or headed for the same place.

It appears that there are a variety of metaphysical planes (physical too most likely, but I've only been on this one). I don't have enough understanding to assign terms like higher or lower etc to them, but it's clear to me that people are in all different places metaphysically.

I have no reason to doubt people when they speak of their own experience and knowing. The majority of them have no reason to lie or misrepresent their beliefs and experience. I don't doubt my own either.

I am a product of evolution, a function of the Universe. Though many people experience themselves as a soul wearing (or some even refer to it as trapped) in a body, I don't know myself as such. My consciousness and my body are one, a whole. What happens to one, happens to the other. That is my experience of life. Everything I experience and know fits that reality. I have a survival instinct, like most living things.

Have painful things happen as the result of survival instincts? Yup, all the time, every day, among all the species capable of feeling pain and fear. That seems to be the way of the world. I am not ultimately more valuable than anyone or anything else, so I have to deal with my share as well, whether I like it or not. it is the way of things...for me.

Others, very clearly have a vastly different understanding and experience and all of their experiences fit into that understanding. They are on a different plane.

I don't see why, if our life/physical experiences are so vastly different, and our spiritual experiences are so vastly different, that our after life experiences would not likewise be so.

But ultimately I don't know. I can't know. That is not something evolution programmed into me. Apparently other people have that function, talent, or spiritual connection that I do not have. And I am guessing they will continue to have it, and I will continue to not have it.

It also makes no sense TO ME (as in it may make sense that I am incapable of understanding) why this physical earth, universe, body if the whole point of everything is spiritual. If I am supposed to spend my time on this earthly life trying to overcome this earthly life...my head cannot wrap around that one. it can't wrap around calculus either, so again, I have to say I don't know, but I do trust the Universe which brought me forth, gave me what I am likely to need to serve my function...processing matter and energy (at least that is what it looks like to me). And if I have not been equipped for that task, well, actually that seems like an impossibility. I am a function of the Universe and that function will be served, pretty much end of story.

My brain does have a function (among many) that is what I understand to be spiritual, but for me, it's not a connection to the supernatural. It does have to do with my connectedness to all that is, and my understanding of my role in it, and my appreciation of it all. I experience tremendous awe at the Universe as I know it.

Also, the Universe is not a thing, it's an event. I too am an event as part of it. It's not some static physical thing that is a stage for a spiritual experience. That is how I know it to be, your mileage may vary.

I appreciate you asking the question and I hope my reply made some sense.