View Single Post
Old 17-03-2022, 01:07 PM
Knower
Trips down memory lane

Isn't it funny how sometimes we are taken on trips down memory lane? Today, two posts from two different members made me recall things from 40 and 30 years ago. Interestingly enough, the same thing already happened two nights ago. I heard a reggae song on Youtube and it brought back some fond memories of a good friend of mine dancing to Bob Marley with her hands in her pockets in the mid-eighties. She looked so peaceful and happy that night! Some time before that, after having a huge fight with her boyfriend, she got so distressed that she banged her head on the wall, not too hard, fortunately. I walked in on her and she said: "Please, don't say anything to anyone". I always had such a strong sense of privacy that even if she hadn't asked, I wouldn't have said anything even though I was a bit concerned for her. So, hearing this reggae song, I thought of her and I decided to pray for her. I'm not sure she felt it but is was nice to kind of spend a moment with her this way. I also remember, on a couple of occasions, feeling an old friend praying for me and being given their name or shown their image. Maybe they had been taking a trip down memory lane involving me...

Anyway, isn't it wonderful how true friendship lasts forever, even with friends with whom we lost touch a long time ago? Isn't it even more wonderful we can still be in touch with them on some level even though we lost touch with them?