View Single Post
Old 19-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Most of these 'vegan' influencers who quit veganism were only 'vegan' because they were interested in the dietary aspects and they were obsessed with eating the cleanest diet. They weren't really 'vegans' but merely plant based dieters.

Donald Watson, the original founder of the term of Veganism defined the lifestyle as "A philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment. In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or partly from animals."

While I do try to eat healthy and I am keeping on top of my nutritional requirements, I am not living vegan for the purpose of health benefits.

Even if you could hypothetically prove to me that a plant based diet always leads to deficiencies and poor health outcomes (which you can't, because it's not true. There are many people doing well on well planned vegan diets), why should I compromise my own values and support the cruelty and slaughter of animals in the factory farming system and bring that energy of suffering into my own life and spiritual system?

The anti vegans and the plant based dieters who only care about diet may want to pretend that only humans matter but I don’t.

I could list all the resources that promote plant based diets and warn of the health problems associated with animal products but I refuse to be self centred and focused like most humans.

Last edited by Spiritual Mike : 19-12-2019 at 09:23 AM.