View Single Post
Old 25-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Put on the dress Moonie, It shows off the sexiness of your knees and it'll give the neighbours something to talk about. You know how they Love gossip so you'll b doing them a favour.

Way beck when I wanted to know what the ego really was, I'd seen all the posts and something didn't sit right. For me at that time ego was the root of all evil but instinct said that it was worth checking out. That led me to Jung, and if anyone should know what the ego is then it's him. What many people don't realise is that your Spirituality is 'built' on your psychology. What you believe and - more importantly the reasons you believe it - is based on what's in your head; after all it's your head that processes your Spirituality. If you look at the reasons people come to Spirituality often there are psychological reasons - Life PTSD, loss of a Loved One, looking for answers...

But who steps out of the room? You don't step out of your ego and you can't run away from it. Where you are there is your ego, it's what gives you a sense of I am. I am here out of this room. It just needs a little training and it's your friend for Life. Tell it to be polite and be quiet when the Soul speaks and it'll have its turn later and it'll be happy with itself.

There are two things that are often happening in Spirituality, one is that it takes a very Spiritual-exclusive view and the other is that we're trying to find out how awesome we are. Gestalt Reality does both - and puts ego into perspective. The entity encompasses everything in a neat package and integrates instead of separates, and when you think of all the parts we have it makes us pretty damned awesome beasties. All we have to do is find a way to Live with all that we are.

You're most welcome Moonglow. When you get your head around the article and see ll the parts working together, it's a game-changer for sure.

Hi Greenslade,

I came across the term ego when taking a psychology class, way back when.
So associated it with our psychological make up.

Then I got into reading some Eastern philosophies and teachings, in my twenties, and "ego" took on a whole new outlook.

But, all in all it came and comes across to me as refocusing ones thinking.

So, the two seem to mix in a way. Guess the debate and/or discussions seem to go around and around as to what the end result should be or could be, IMO.

I read a book on cognitive thinking. It went into various patterns and habits of the way one may think and perceive things. This can affect how one feels.

Example, all or nothing thinking. It is either this way or not. Which leads to a black and white veiw of thing. Find life is not like this. There are some grey areas and different points of view.

When using stepping out of the room, am not meaning to imply just walking away fro the "ego" or self identity. It is more of finding the space to listen to oneself. Get away from all the chatter and hearsay. What is the intuition and Spirit telling me?

Spiritual and psychological do blend together, the labels and terms give reference as to the manner in which "ego" or anything is being referred to and discussed.

Yes, information is processed through the ol' brain box in order to make sense.
It is as perceived to be and find much more. The much more makes it interesting and brings tegu use to my mind to look beyond just what is thought to be.

"Ego" for me is just self identification and how my thoughts play into it. It is not "evil" unless thought to be. The irony is even thinking such does not make it so.

Just a guidepost and label to bring attention to that aspect in ourselves.

Can realize our essence, but doesn't what manifest from this make life oh so much more? Why, try and kill it? I say embrace it, for it is a part of being human. It gave rise to our desire to seek out more and be more. To think, observe, interact, the needs and not all flow with in us. Yes, we are pretty awesome in our own being/as entities.

Sure can sit naked in perpetual meditation, but even in this state would see a person there connecting with Spirit, just in thier own way.

I don't view things as whether "ego" is doing it or not, just find it interesting what the term is pointing at. It is all this person being as I am at present.

Just a matter of focus and being open, IMO.