Thread: Death. Yeah?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
That is why. Above. This doesn't set right with me. As one whom trusts my gut feelings about things and my higher intuition as it hardly fails me most times, I feel I should be able to feel something in regards to the passing of a loved one, other than a feeling of moving on, grieving for a short but reasonable time and coming to my own terms with it.

Shouldn't I feel like other people? Like simply being able to cry at a funeral.

Also it is on the death forum, and the topic is grief and death. I feel my counselor was right in saying what he did. And while I don't disagree with anything said in this thread, It simply bothers me I don't cry at funerals, for reasons I said, I am not hateful, I am kind as possible, I try to help people, and I am not cold.

I just don't cry. But it still bothers me, it is one of my own irritating quirks I have about myself like some would find one biting their nails distasteful I guess.

I guess I am just as always, wondering who I am, and what makes me who I am I guess.

And if I haven't said so already thank you all for your responses and perspective.
I guess this may be something or one of those things I will probably figure out on my own in my own time.

Two of the worst words in the English language are Should and Shouldn't. They are extremely limiting and do not allow room for life to be what it is. If anyone tells you what you should or shouldn't do and/or feel they are speaking from their own point of view and their own rules. I would say if it bothers you a lot, maybe ask the source where you get your wisdom from what their take on it is. I sensed truth in the words spoken in the channel thread so I would suspect they would not steer you wrong. If you simply want to feel more at funerals ask them how you can go about making that happen, if that is truly what you want. The last thing you should do however, is judge yourself about it. Take care.