Thread: Robert Adams
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
That I am more than my physical body, my thoughts and my emotions.....I'm absolute freedom beneath the confinement...(not bookish knowledge, but my Truth)

When he says, i'm not the body, it means don't Identify with your body...remain a watcher...

don't know about other teachers but i'm one hundred percent sure that Robert Adams and Sri Ramana Maharshi are gyani (realized beings)

When Adams say's I am not the body, nor this world, nor have I got anything to do with this world or this body is saying I am not the body lol .

Sure we can all try and watch our thoughts and such likes and have an awareness from that perspective, but what does that prove?

All it proves is that our awareness can entertain many vantage points so to speak, it doesn't mean that we are not the body or our thoughts .

Whose body is it? Whose thoughts are whose thoughts?

How can you watch your thoughts and distance oneself from one's thoughts when they are your thoughts .. lol

There are many teachers that try and distance what they are from the mind-body and this is the one sided coin realization I have spoken about .

In regards to spiritual teachers, i am sure there are many that are Self realized . What I said however is that there is plenty that is written by teachers that is not realized ..

This means that a teacher that writes about Consciousness being this and not that, life is but a dream, I am not the body and such likes is not realized . It is a favoured perspective had that mind conjures up in order to make sense of their reality, their truth/s .

Do you understand this?

Do you understand that Self realization does not reveal the inner workings of the universe? Do you understand that Self realization doesn't reveal that life is but a dream .

If you disagree with what I propose then please explain how 'being what you are' beyond the mind reveals anything about self and this world reality ..

This is what I mean when I say that the material in all these books and scriptures were not 'actually' realized .

You could perhaps for arguments sake write about Self realization on a postage stamp .

x daz x