View Single Post
Old 21-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
We have a tree in the back yard that we are struggling to maintain and grow. It was planted a few years ago (not sure on the exact year). It didn't produce a lot of leaves last year and less the year before, and it looks to be struggling this year as well. We have pruned it, watered it, etc. and all the things we need to do to best take care of it physically.

It started making me think of other treatments/conditions we could do to help it thrive. So... I decided to take a more spiritual route and asked it what it needed. I felt like it told me "more love". Not the water and sun kind of love, as it should have its needs met that way anyway. I felt like it said it needs more attention and direct kindness from me or the owner who planted it. So, a few days later, when the weather was nice, I sat out in the lawn beside it and read. I also rubbed the base of the tree (like hugging a tree concept, except it is only hand-held size still). It made me feel happier and healthier so I'm thinking, in terms of reiki/energy practice, it got some of that good energy as well. I'm hoping this will help it grow and flourish. I intend to do this more often on nicer days. (It's therapy for me too!)

I have told the owner, the one who planted it, to love on it more. Sadly, she doesn't get it though. (She isn't the tree hugger type.) I don't want to give up, but I'm not sure what to do.

This post isn't about convincing the original planter of the tree to shed some love on plants. I wanted to start a basic conversation on gardening and the spirituality behind taking care of plants.

aimtobe - We have several trees on our property and many have unfortunately died since we moved in, including a 60 foot pine tree that suddenly got a disease and was gone. For a long time, I took it personally as if the trees were reacting to us being here. I've read articles that talk about a trees life span, disease, etc., but I still couldn't shake the idea that some trees were dying (almost from some personal karma with us).

We even planted a maple tree as a tribute to our dog that we had to say goodbye to. Unfortunately a buck rubbed the bark off of it with its antlers and then my spouse had to relocate it to make room for an expanded basketball court. Then we moved it from the front to the back yard where it had finally had enough meddling and died. I was very sad since it was a tribute tree. But instead we had 8 blue spruces planted in the yard and we call them all our dog's trees now.

One practical suggestion, however, is to put mulch around the tree. We had a pine tree that was on it's last leg and looked like it wasn't going to make it. We put lots of mulch around it a few years back and it responded positively to it. It took off growing back branches, needles and has grown a good 3 or 4 feet taller since simply putting mulch around the base. Something to try anyway.