View Single Post
Old 23-08-2017, 03:27 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
This is the common misconception about projecting...

In what you call a "lucid dream" (which, btw is the same thing as an OBE), you're ALREADY projecting. When someone says they had an "OBE", all they're saying is that they projected in an environment which looked like this physical reality. That's all.

This goes along with what I was going to say. I discovered years ago that there's really not much different between types of projection dreams for me. No matter which "type" I want to enter, it starts as what most refer to as a lucid dream or expanded consciousness. The difference is in choosing where to go. Often, I stick to the places I start in because the dreams involve walking in a sacred place with someone meaningful to me and I don't want to change that. But, if you do, just try to envision where you want to be. The only caution I give is that, at least in my experience, if I get into one of these states too close to the time I need to wake up, my consciousness will try to wake, but I'll be trapped in sleep paralysis for a couple of minutes, which can be extremely jolting. So, try to leave yourself enough time or pick a night when you don't have a set time you have to be awake the next day. It's a little less intense that way.