View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Knower
Anyone have a proven natural acne solution?

I have always had bad acne since I was a teenager, and I'm 43 now. When I was around 30, I tried ProActiv. It was the only thing that ever worked. My skin got so amazing I even got compliments on it! I went from being called pizza face to people saying my skin actually looked good! Needless to say, I've been religiously spending $50 every other month on this stuff, for about 13 years now.

I am more and more trying to find ways to use natural things in my life, so I took the risk and stopped using ProActiv a few times, trying various natural-made skin cleansers. I can't remember which brands I tried but they were claiming to be natural so I trusted them. Within a week, each time I tried this, my skin got worse than it was even before I used ProActiv! Not only did I get acne again, but every square inch of my face was covered in them, it was like my face was made of pimples. So I am afraid to stop ProActiv for good. But I just hate that I'm putting chemicals into my skin. And to make it worse, I looked at the ingredients, and there is Blue 1 and Yellow 5 in there!! I don't know how much you guys know about chemical coloring, but it's one of the worst things you can put into your body. I need to find something natural that works. But I'm scared of what happens every time. So I need to know of any proven solutions, ones that somebody out there actually had good luck with, maybe even someone who switched from ProActiv to something else, since that's the only thing that keeps my skin clear. I even eat healthy (green smoothies every day, drinking only water, organic food as much as I can) so I don't get how I still have acne at this age, but it makes me so frustrated how I am dependent on this expensive chemical soup to look normal!