View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Pathfinder
Hi Patricia,

Yeah, I did some research and discovered that for people who are highly sensitive we need to ask for "light" or "half" treatments. A lot of therapists dont know about this and usually someone who's highly sensitive wont present as such (I dont... people always think I'm really confident, ha!) But a highly sensitive person will react the way I did to what would be a normal treatment for another person. So, not the acupuncurists fault as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Ocean....ask her directly why she thinks you need weekly sessions. Listen to what she says. Then tell her exactly that your body/energy system needs to progress at a slower pace, and that you feel that instinctively.

Hi Toby,

She said at the time that people need weekly treatments in order to make a difference. She mentioned commitment...

I have a personal gripe about this cos' as a healer and a yoga teacher I've learned that you cant put a timeline on someone's personal development. It disregards the other person's intuition... we change at our own pace.

Anyway, I messaged the acupuncturist to say that I needed to cancel teh next treatment because I still felt exhausted and that the treatment was too strong for me. I told her that I asked around and I probably need light or half treatments in the future. She replied and said it was impossible that the acutpunture made me tired for more than a day, and that I was tired in gneral and needed more acupuncture

Her response was exactly the confirmation I needed that she wasnt the right therpaist for me.