Thread: Buddha
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
Direct perception certainly is conditioned. It is at least conditioned by the senses, the sense consciousnesses and mental consciousness (-> mental direct perception always following sense direct percpetion, see here) and it may be affected in addition to these regular conditionings by irregular dis-functioning of the senses, the sense consciousnesses and mental consciousness.
But when talking about direct perception in the context of righ/valid knowledge nowhere have I asserted that innate direct perception would perceive how things ultimately exist because ultimate existence is completely irrelevant for direct perception and right/valid knowledge. However without direct perception and right/valid knowledge there is no way to get at the mode of the ultimate existence of things.
Ok I may be wrong but I think what you are saying in regards to direct perception, right valid knowledge and ultimate existence lies in this example: if in the dim light a group of people see a rope and perceive it as a snake, move closer to it and see that it being a snake was completely empty, then that doesn't mean they now perceive ultimate existence, it means they now have right knowledge that perception is empty. It exists but it exists empty.
What I saw and was witnessed by my wife didn't change what is in regards to there being other beings from other dimensions, it pointed at the power of the emptiness in perception. The right knowledge being that perception is empty and therefore ultimate existence cannot be perceived. In fact, it itself is empty.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness