Thread: Buddha
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
So you think the tree that you see may also be a car? If so how do you cope with life? How can you even communicate?

Of course you can tell such stories. Based on my direct perception I know validly that many people do tell many stories. This is one valid knowledge I gained relying on direct perception only. Not more and not less.
Don't get me wrong. Take this as an illustration how one can and does know validly for oneself.

Knowing validly for oneself also can mean 'discipline' in the sense of not jumping or delving into the stories of others. At least it should be a discipline in case of lack of insight into self and others.

Knowing validly for oneself is also a great protector against useless speculation. What one does not validly know for oneself is not worthwhile thinking about. One can focus one's thinking time on things that are validly known instead - not as a self purpose but e.g. to rationally analyse them if necessaryhowxwevu in the context of the pursuit of aims that are worthwhile.
I think that I cannot see past what I think a tree is to actually see the tree.
Direct perception can be directly affected by how I may conditionally see things but the purpose of my story was to show that I had a witness and this witness knew nothing about the other two times I saw this thing when she saw it. It existed at some level.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness